What We Do
The Mitchell-Lama Residents Coalition (MLRC) works for the preservation and future expansion of the Mitchell-Lama Housing Program as well as all other affordable housing programs.
The Coalition works to identify, clarify and solve common concerns of current and former Mitchell-Lama residents by working with these residents, elected officials and government agencies to:
- Provide informational and educational services about issues concerning current and former Mitchell-Lama residents, housing policy and legislation;
- Promote friendly cooperative and neighborly relations among residents of affordable housing programs;
- Protect the rights of affordable housing residents;
- Review and Monitor government regulations as it relates to affordable housing;
- Address maintenance, taxation, finance, privatization, management issues that affect Mitchell-Lama Co-ops;
- Address DHCR, HPD, HDC, HUD legislation and community issues of concern to Mitchell-Lama residents and former Mitchell-Lama developments.
Mitchell-Lama Residents Coalition